Welcome to our complete, in-depth guide on how to throw an ugly Christmas sweater Christmas party. This is a ridiculously easy party to plan and host which makes it an ideal party idea and theme for a last minute celebration. It also happens to be, for this very reason, a great Christmas party theme to use as an office work party.
Check out these awesome ugly Christmas sweaters here.
How to Throw an Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party – The Ultimate Guide
In this guide on how to throw an ugly Christmas sweater Christmas party we will look at everything you need to consider. This includes decorations, party supplies, tableware, food, games, music and even party favors.
What is an Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party
An ugly Christmas sweater party turns wearing the most garish, tacky holiday knits into a fashionable affair. So dig out those snowman sweaters, blinking light vests, and comically crude apparel to rock around the Christmas tree this season.
While everyday attire may be sharp, stylish, or elegant, an ugly Christmas sweater bash calls for the exact opposite. The wilder, the better for festive threads! We’re talking sweaters with 3D trees or bows, punch-out gift boxes, or cut-out snowflake shapes. Don’t forget Santa faces peeking out of jackets and vests bursting with jingle bells. Accessorize with candy cane striped ties, elf ear headbands, and reindeer antler hats too.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party Decorations
When you throw an Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party the best thing is you really do not need anything special when it comes to Christmas decorations. You can simply use Christmas decorations you would find at any other Christmas party. Here are some ideas to get you started.
You simply cannot host a Christmas party of any theme without a Christmas trees as a focal point in your venue. Real or artificial, decorated with ornaments, lights, and a tree topper.
Hang festive wreaths on doors or walls. Christmas wreaths look truly wonderful and very festive hung on your front door. They are an extremely beautiful, traditional way to welcome your guests to your home.
Drape garlands on staircases, mantels, or tables. Using Christmas garlands is a fabulous way to quickly and easily decorate your venue especially if you are hosting your Christmas party in your own home.
Twinkle Fairy Lights:
String lights indoors and outdoors for a magical glow to your Christmas party venue. Decorating the outside of your home can look wonderfully inviting for your guests. When it come to inside of your venue fairly lights add that perfect holliday vibe.
Whenever you watch a Christmas movie you alway tend to see Christmas stockings. With that in mind it is hardly any surprise that we all associate them with the festive period making them an essential decoration. Hang stockings with care, either on the fireplace or a designated stocking holder.
Place candles in holiday scents or festive holders around the venue. The use of Christmas themed add an enchanting feel to your party venue. They also are a great way of adding a very Christmas smell to your venue.
Christmas Table Centerpieces
Create stunning centerpieces with flowers, candles, or Christmas figurines. Using table centerpieces are perfect if the Christmas party you are hosting happens to involve guests sitting down for a meal together. They also work well if you have a table where you are serving a buffet.
Anyone living in the northern hemisphere will undoubtedly associate snow with the holiday season. With this in mind why not use snowflake decorations throughout your Christmas party venue.
Christmas Door Decorations
You will undoubtedly want to welcome your guests to your party. A wonderful way to do this is through the use of door decorations.
Can you really even call a party a party if you do not include some balloons. They may not be the most perfect of ideas if you happen to have small venue such as your home. However, if you are hosting in a larger venue or simply want to include some there are plenty Christmas themed balloons available especially at this time of year.
Holly and Berries
Holly and berries are something else that most people tend to associate with the festive holiday period. So why not include some holly and berry themed decorations for your party.
Christmas Lights Projectors
A Christmas light projector is a truly awesome, not to mention dazzling, way of decorating the outside of a venue. They also eliminate the need to climb ladders in order to put up traditional lighting displays.
Santa and Reindeer Cutouts
Place cutouts of Santa, reindeer, or other Christmas characters. These could be used to decorate the inside and outside of your venue.
Snowman decorations are another wonderful, hugely popular Christmas decoration. They look great at any aprty venue and guests love them.
Christmas Holiday Rugs
You could consider using rugs that have a Christmas vibe about them to decorate the floor. Not only will this add to that holiday them it will help protect your floor against the likes of food and drink spillages. This could prove to be a superb way of protecting your floor if you are hosting your Christmas party in your own home.
Christmas Themed Chair Covers
There is a good chance you are going to need chairs for guests to relax at your Christmas party. With that in mind why not make sure your chairs all have a really cool Christmas holiday vibe to them by using Christmas themed chair covers.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party Games
When you throw an ugly Christmas sweater Christmas party the main party game is certainly going to be an ugly Christmas sweater competition.
This is such an easy game. You can have guests vote for the sweater they think should be a winner. You could even give out an award to the winner.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party Food
When you throw an ugly Christmas sweater Christmas party, you will want to embrace the festive and playful theme with a mix of whimsical and comfort foods. Here are some ideas:
- Christmas Cookie Decorating Station: Set up a station with plain sugar cookies, various colored icing, sprinkles, and edible decorations. Guests can decorate their own ugly sweater-themed cookies.
- Ugly Sweater Cupcakes: Bake cupcakes and decorate them with colorful frosting to resemble ugly Christmas sweaters. Use small candies, like M&M’s or mini marshmallows, to create unique designs.
- Festive Finger Foods: Serve bite-sized appetizers that are easy to eat while mingling. Consider options like mini meatballs, pigs in a blanket, or cheese and cracker platters shaped like Christmas trees or wreaths.
- Holiday-themed Punch: Create a festive punch using cranberry juice, ginger ale, and a scoop of lime sherbet. You can also add some holiday-themed ice molds or floating cranberries for an extra touch.
- Christmas Tree-shaped Pizza: Order or make pizzas and arrange the slices in the shape of a Christmas tree. Use different toppings to create colorful ornaments.
- Hot Chocolate Bar: Set up a hot chocolate station with various toppings like whipped cream, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and crushed peppermint. Guests can customize their own cozy drinks.
- Fruit Kabobs: Thread red and green fruits like strawberries, grapes, and kiwi onto skewers to create festive fruit kabobs.
- Cheese and Charcuterie Board: Arrange a cheese and charcuterie board with holiday-themed cheese shapes (like a snowman or Christmas tree) and festive crackers.
- Ugly Sweater Cake: If you’re up for baking, consider making a cake shaped like an ugly Christmas sweater and decorate it with colorful fondant or icing.
- Holiday Popcorn Bar: Set up a popcorn bar with various toppings like caramel, chocolate drizzle, and holiday-themed sprinkles.
Check out this range off Christmas party tableware by clicking here.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party Music
Just like any other Christmas party you will want to create a music playlist filled with everyones favorite festive songs. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- “Jingle Bell Rock” – Bobby Helms
- “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” – Brenda Lee
- “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year” – Andy Williams
- “Last Christmas” – Wham!
- “All I Want for Christmas is You” – Mariah Carey
- “The Christmas Song” – Nat King Cole
- “Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!” – Dean Martin
- “Winter Wonderland” – Johnny Mathis
- “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” – Michael Bublé
- “Santa Baby” – Eartha Kitt
- “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” – Sam Smith
- “Holly Jolly Christmas” – Burl Ives
- “Mistletoe” – Justin Bieber
- “Underneath the Tree” – Kelly Clarkson
- “Wonderful Christmastime” – Paul McCartney
- “Feliz Navidad” – José Feliciano
As you will undoubtedly already know there are so many songs you can include in your playlist.
Your best option for music if you are to throw a Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas party is Amazon Music. You will never ever be without the perfect song at your fingertips for any party you throw. You can check out the best deals for Amazon Music by clicking here.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party Favors
Just like everything else about this party you can choose party favors that you would give out at any other theme of Christmas party.
Before we look at ideas for items you can use as Christmas party favors make sure you have a good supply of Christmas themed party favor bags. You can check them out and buy them here.
Candy Canes or Chocolates
Classic and sweet, candy canes or individually wrapped chocolates are festive favorites.
Holiday Cookies or Biscuits
Share the joy of the season with decorated cookies or festive-shaped biscuits.
Mini Christmas Ornaments
Tiny Christmas ornaments that guests can use to decorate their own trees.
Christmas Themed Candles
Scented candles or tea lights in holiday scents.
Ornaments with the guest’s name or the year for a personal touch.
Hot Chocolate Mix
A jar or packet of hot chocolate mix with marshmallows.
Small, decorative wreaths that can be hung or used as table decor.
Holiday Scented Soaps
Soaps in scents like cinnamon, pine, or peppermint.
Christmas Themed Stationery
Notepads, pens, or other stationery items with festive designs.
Mini Potted Plants
Small poinsettias or other seasonal plants.
Traditional crackers that “pop” open to reveal small surprises.
Mini Champagne Bottles
Miniature bottles of sparkling cider or champagne.
Holiday Themed Keychains
Keychains featuring festive symbols like snowflakes or Santas.
Mini Snow Globes
Tiny snow globes with holiday scenes.
Holiday Themed Mugs
Mugs with Christmas designs or quotes.
Coasters with holiday patterns or quotes.
Mini Plush Toys
Small stuffed animals or plush toys in holiday characters.
Festive Socks or Mittens
Cozy socks or mittens in Christmas colors.
What to Wear to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas Party
This has to be the most obvious section of this entire guide. Of course all you need for this party is you ugly Christmas sweater.
Check out these awesome ugly Christmas sweaters here.
Check out more Christmas party ideas and guides here.