Are you a fan of the hit Netflix series Bridgerton? If so, why not bring the glamour and romance of Regency-era England to your own home by throwing a Bridgerton themed party? Here we look at all the party supplies and part decorations you will need.
Bridgerton Themed Party
Whether you’re looking to celebrate a special occasion or just want to have a fun night in with friends, a Bridgerton themed party is the perfect way to transport yourself and your guests to the world of the Bridgerton family and their high society friends. In this article, we will be providing you with all the tips, tricks and inspiration you need to plan and execute the perfect “Bridgerton” themed party. From decorations and costumes, to food and activities, we’ve got you covered. So, grab your fan, put on your finest attire, and let’s get started on planning your very own Bridgerton soirée!
|China Tea Cups and Saucers
|To create a traditional and elegant feel for your Bridgerton-themed party, you could use vintage china tea cups and saucers for your guests to drink from.|
|Quills and Ink Wells
|For a touch of authenticity, you could provide your guests with feather quills and inkwells to use for writing or as props for photographs.|
|Lace tablecloths can add a touch of elegance to your party’s decor and are reminiscent of the fine linens and textiles often seen in Regency-era settings.|
|Candelabras and candles can create a warm and inviting atmosphere, and are perfect for a party with a Regency-era theme.|
|Feather fans were a popular accessory during the Regency era and can be used as props for photos or to keep guests cool.|
|Encourage your guests to dress up in costumes or clothing that would be typical of the Regency era, such as long dresses and waistcoats for women and breeches and tailcoats for men.|
|To create the atmosphere of a Regency-era ballroom, you could decorate your party space with chandeliers and mirrors, as well as other ballroom-style decorations.|
|Furniture and props that are typical of the Regency era, such as a chaise lounge, can help create the atmosphere of the time period.|
|Flowers, especially roses and peonies, were popular during the Regency era and can be used to decorate your party space and add a touch of elegance.|
|String of Pearls
|Strings of pearls were a popular accessory during the Regency era and can be used as props or worn by guests.|
|Regency Era Music
|Playing music from the Regency era can help create the atmosphere of the time period and add a touch of elegance to your party.
Amazon Music is a superb way of getting access to all the music you will need.
|Dancing was a popular pastime during the Regency era, so consider setting up a dance floor or designated space for guests to dance.|
Bridgerton Food and Drink Ideas
- Finger sandwiches: These bite-sized sandwiches, typically filled with delicate ingredients such as cucumber or smoked salmon, were popular during the Regency era and would be a great addition to your party’s menu.
- Roast beef: Roast beef was a popular dish during the Regency era and can be served as a main course with roasted vegetables and potatoes.
- Syllabub: This sweet and creamy dessert, made from whipped cream and wine, was popular during the Regency era and would make a great addition to your party’s menu.
- Jellies and trifles: These sweet, layered desserts were popular during the Regency era and can be made with a variety of fruits, custards, and creams.
- Scones: These traditional British pastries, often served with clotted cream and jam, would be a great addition to your party’s menu and are reminiscent of the tea parties often seen in Regency-era settings.
- Lemonade or punch: These refreshing drinks were popular during the Regency era and can be served to guests at your party.
- Seasonal fruits: Fruits that were in season during the Regency era such as apples, pears, berries, and citruses, were often used to prepare desserts, jams or syrups, you can use them to make a fruit platter for your guests.
- Wine: Wine, particularly champagne, was a popular drink during the Regency era and can be served to guests at your party.
- Tea: Of course, tea is a must-have for a Bridgerton-themed party, it could be served in vintage tea cups and saucers, with a selection of teas, and biscuits or sandwiches.
- Cakes or pastries: Regency era cakes and pastries were often made with ingredients such as fruit, nuts, and spices, and can be served as a dessert or with tea.
Bridgerton is a popular Netflix original series created by Chris Van Dusen, based on the novels of Julia Quinn. The show premiered in December 2020 and takes place in Regency-era England, during the early 1800s, following the lives of the eight Bridgerton siblings and their family as they navigate love and marriage in high society. The first season of the show follows the eldest sibling, Daphne Bridgerton, as she makes her debut in society and her subsequent courtship with the Duke of Hastings.
The show features an ensemble cast led by Phoebe Dynevor and Regé-Jean Page as Daphne and the Duke of Hastings, respectively. The show also stars Nicola Coughlan, Jonathan Bailey, Claudia Jessie, Luke Thompson, Luke Newton, and Ruby Barker.
The show is known for its colorful and lavish production design, as well as its diverse and inclusive casting. It also features a diverse cast of actors and characters, including actors of color and LGBTQ+ actors in prominent roles.
The show has been well-received by critics and audiences alike, and has been praised for its diverse casting, its attention to historical detail, and its strong performances. The show has been renewed for a second season, and is expected to continue to explore the love lives of the Bridgerton siblings.
Overall, Bridgerton is a period drama that is set in the Regency era England, it is a romantic and entertaining series that explores the societal rules and expectations of the time, as well as the love lives of the characters in the wealthy and powerful Bridgerton family. The show is known for its diverse casting, attention to historical detail, and strong performances.
Check out more party ideas here.