Welcome to our guide on throwing a 90’s movie themed party! The 1990s was a decade of iconic films that have stood the test of time, and what better way to celebrate them than by throwing a party dedicated to the movies of that era. Here you will find all the party supplies and party decorations you will need.
90’s Movie Themed Party
Whether you’re a fan of drama, comedy, action, or animation, there’s a 90’s movie that will appeal to everyone. In this guide, we’ll give you tips and ideas on how to create the perfect atmosphere, decorations, food, and activities to make your party a hit. So put on your favorite 90’s movie and let’s get started!
|These are a great way to create an authentic atmosphere and add visual interest to your party. You can either purchase or rent original posters and lobby cards, or print out your own versions. Some popular 90’s films to consider include “The Shawshank Redemption,” “Pulp Fiction,” “The Lion King,” “Forrest Gump,” “Titanic,” and “The Matrix.”|
|90’s Party Banner
|This sign can be made from cardboard, poster board, or foam board, and can be decorated with colored pens, markers, or paint. You can also add some sparkles, glitter or other embellishments to make it more eye-catching.|
|90’s Movie Trivia Game
|This can be a fun and interactive way to get guests involved in the party. You can create your own questions and answers, or find them online. Divide guests into teams and give them a set of questions to answer. The team with the most correct answers wins a prize.|
|This will give your party a sense of glamour and exclusivity. You can use a red carpet runner and some velvet ropes to create a red carpet entrance for your guests.|
|90’s Moviestar Cutouts
|These can be used as decorations and also as a fun activity for guests to take pictures with their favorite 90’s movie characters.|
|This can be a creative and interactive way to entertain guests. You can set up a photo booth area with a TV or projector displaying classic 90’s movie scenes as a background. Add some props and costumes for guests to wear and take photos with.|
|These can be used to add some color and personality to your party. You can use tablecloths and napkins with designs featuring popular 90’s movie characters, posters, or quotes.|
|90’s Movie Party Favors
|These can be used as a fun way to thank guests for attending the party. You can fill mini popcorn boxes with popcorn and add a label with the party details, or give out candies that were popular in the 90s|
|A “Popcorn Bar” with different flavors of popcorn, like butter, caramel, cheese, and chocolate: This is a fun and interactive way to serve food at your party. You can set up a popcorn bar with different flavors of popcorn, and let guests create their own custom popcorn mix.|
|90’s Movie Music
|Music is a great way to set the mood and create an atmosphere at your party. You can create a playlist of popular songs from 90’s movies and play them in the background.
You best option here is a subscription to Amazon Music.
|Retro candies like Dunkaroos, Tangy Taffy, and Warheads. These candies will add a touch of nostalgia to the party and remind guests of the good old days.|
|90’s Movie Balloons
|90’s movie-themed balloons, streamers, and confetti to decorate the party area. These are a great way to add some color and excitement to your party. You can use balloons and streamers in a variety of colors, and add some confetti to create a festive atmosphere.|
90’s Movie Overview
The 1990s was a significant decade in film, with many critically acclaimed and popular movies being released. Some notable examples include:
- “The Shawshank Redemption” (1994) – A drama film directed by Frank Darabont, based on a novella by Stephen King. The film tells the story of a banker named Andy Dufresne who is sentenced to life in prison for a crime he did not commit.
- “Pulp Fiction” (1994) – A crime film directed by Quentin Tarantino, featuring an ensemble cast including John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, and Uma Thurman. The film tells several interconnected stories in a nonlinear narrative.
- “The Lion King” (1994) – An animated musical film produced by Walt Disney Feature Animation. The film tells the story of Simba, a young lion who must learn to accept his role as king of the Pride Lands after his father’s death.
- “Forrest Gump” (1994) – A romantic-comedy-drama film directed by Robert Zemeckis, starring Tom Hanks. The film tells the story of Forrest Gump, a man with a low IQ who becomes involved in some of the major events of the 20th century in the United States.
- “Titanic” (1997) – A romantic drama film directed by James Cameron, starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. The film tells the story of the ill-fated voyage of the RMS Titanic and the love story between a wealthy young woman and a penniless artist.
- “The Matrix” (1999) – A science fiction action film directed by the Wachowskis, starring Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss, and Laurence Fishburne. The film depicts a dystopian future in which humanity is trapped inside a simulated reality created by sentient machines to distract and pacify them while their bodies are used as an energy source.
These are just a few examples, there were many other critically acclaimed and popular films released in the 1990s.
Check out more party ideas here.